The Grand 1 Listed Building, as it stands today, is all that survives of the old Carthusian Monastery of Saint Anne. The house incorporates the Prior’s lodging and monk’s refectory from medieval times when the priory was founded by Lord Zouche of Harringworth in 1381.
The Coventry Society has supported the establishment of the Charterhouse Preservation Trust, which is now the Historic Coventry Trust. The trust has took over ownership of the Charterhouse. Our members also support the Coventry Charterhouse Association which provides community support for the Trust to preserve the Priory, the Estate and the Charterhouse Fields.
Historic Coventry Trust have been awarded a National Lottery Heritage Fund grant of £4.3 million to restore Charterhouse Priory and the adjoining land. Work is currently underway and we no longer consider this to be a building at risk.
This outstanding National Monument is on London Road, Coventry.