Skip to main content

Regimental and Other Military Memorials

Coventry Cathedral

Royal Wks memorial at Cov Cathedral

Dedicated to: The 7th Battalion of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment.

History: This tablet was dedicated by their comrades to the men of the 7th Battalion who died during the war. The 7th Battalion mainly recruited men from Coventry and over 1,100 were killed. The tablet was unveiled by Major General Sir HB Walker, commander of the South Midland Territorial Division in 1922. The memorial was damaged when the Cathedral was bombed in November 1940.

Current location: Coventry Cathedral ruins.

Royal Warwicks Club

Dedicated to: The 7th Battalion of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment.

History: The 7th Battalion mainly recruited men from Coventry and over 1,100 were killed.

Location: Royal Warwicks Club, Tower Street.

Royal Warwicks

The Old Contemptibles

Inscription: Old Contemptibles Association - Coventry Branch Mons - Marne - Aisne - Ypres We Will Remember Them.

Location: Chamber of Silence, inside the Coventry War Memorial.

Old contemptibles

Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Dedicated to: Members of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment who died in the war

History: This is a book of remembrance in a glass case, listing all the men of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment who died in the war. The book was originally in the Barracks in Queen Victoria Road, Coventry. When the building was demolished it was moved to Keresley Barracks. When that building was also demolished in 1999 the book was moved to the Royal Fusiliers Barracks.

Current location: Royal Fusiliers Barracks, Sheldon, West Midlands.

Church Memorials     Clubs and Organisations     Public Service memorials    School memorials  

Other memorials      Company Memorials      Return to War Memorials Home Page

Do you have any additional information on the city's First World War memorials? If so, please complete the form below: