Skip to main content

The Charterhouse

The building as it stands today is all that survives of the old Carthusian Monastery of Saint Anne. The house incorporates the Prior's lodging and monk's refectory from medieval times when the priory was founded by Lord Zouche of Harringworth in 1381.

After dissolution most of the priory was demolished, but the surviving part from the 15th century became the home of local industrialist Colonel Wyley.

The Coventry Society has supported the establishment of the Charterhouse Preservation Trust, which recently took over ownership of the Charterhouse from City College on behalf of the city. Our members also support the Coventry Charterhouse Association which provides community support for the Trust to preserve the Priory, the Estate and the Charterhouse Fields. 

Charterhouse Coventry

After dissolution most of the priory was demolished, but the surviving part from the 15th century became the home of local industrialist Colonel Wyley.

This outstanding National Monument is on London Road, Coventry. You can donate to the Trust by following this link to their Local Giving page